We found this recipe for Mince Pie Baked Alaska over on the Good Food Channel here.
It does look rather good.
Mince pie baked Alaska
For the baked alaska
- 2 egg whites
- 100g Sugar
- 2 luxury mince pies
- 2 scoops vanilla ice cream
- icing sugar, for dusting
For the chocolate chilli sauce
- 100g dark chocolate
- 3 tbsp golden syrup
- 1 Orange, juice and zest
- a few drops Tabasco
1. For the baked Alaska: whisk together the egg whites and sugar to make a meringue.
2. Slice the lids off the mince pies if they have them. Add a scoop of ice-cream and swirl the meringue mix over the top.
3. Use a blow torch to brown the meringue, or put under a hot grill.
4. For the chocolate chilli sauce: put the chocolate and the golden syrup in a glass bowl set over a pan of gently simmering water.
5. While the chocolate is melting, zest the orange, then juice it. Stir into the melted chocolate with a few drops of Tabasco sauce to give it a kick.
6. Serve the bakes Alaska mince pie with a dusting of icing sugar and a small bowl of the warm chocolate sauce.