Here is a recipe to make Mince Pie Ice Cream using an Ice Cream maker.
We foud it on the FoodMK web site here.
We don’t have an Ice Cream maker, so can’t vouch for this recipe, but it does love very tasty.
300ml single cream
1 vanilla pod – split lengthways, seeds scraped out
5 large egg yolks
100g caster sugar
300ml double cream
- Heat the single cream with vanilla pod and seeds until almost boiling, remove the pan from the heat, cover and leave for 30 minutes for the vanilla flavour to infuse. Remove the vanilla pod.
- Whisk the egg yolks and sugar with a balloon whisk until thick and pale
- Reheat the cream until almost boiling, pour half onto the eggs stirring with the balloon whisk. Return the mixture to the remaining cream and heat gently stirring continuously until the custard just coats the back of a spoon
- Leave custard to cool – this will be quicker if transferred to a clean bowl – then chill for at least an hour
- Lightly whip the double cream, until thick and floppy then fold into the chilled custard
- Pour mixture into an ice-cream machine. Turn on beater and when the mixture just starts to thicken add the mincemeat while beating, freeze churn until ready to transfer to a container and store in the freezer. Remove from freezer 10 minutes before serving